Meet The Team
Our Approach to Veterinary Care in Summerville, SC
At Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic our mission is to provide excellent medical care while maintaining the human animal bond. Our Fear Free Certified staff uses gentle techniques that are proven to reduce fear, anxiety and stress in our patients. We will also provide exceptional customer service and education to our clients by elevating our staff through education and ensuring their well-being.
Dr. Katie Hill Rogers
Dr. Katie Hill Rogers is the owner and founder of Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic. Dr. Hill’s passion for veterinary medicine and love for animals began at a very young age. She grew up on a small family farm in Lebanon community, just a short drive from the clinic’s current location. She graduated from Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2012. Following graduation, she completed an internship at Auburn University and then returned home to begin her career as a small animal general practitioner. She has been practicing locally for several years and is excited about founding Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic! Dr. Hill’s interests include preventative medicine and dentistry. She is Fear Free Certified and strongly believes in providing a stress-free experience for both her patients and their owners. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Travis, her son, Finn and their two dogs: Tupper (German shorthair pointer) and Caesar (dachshund).
Dr. Lawson Hardee
Dr. Hardee is a Charleston native and is super excited to be moving back to the low country! She was born and raised in Mount Pleasant with a family background in medicine and is the first of her family to treat the four-legged species. She obtained her undergraduate degree from Clemson University followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2018. She and her husband moved to Charlotte, NC after graduation for a few years knowing they always wanted to move back home. Her passion for veterinary medicine has been ingrained in her since childhood and she is so happy to be able to help care for your fur babies as well! She is Fear Free Certified and ecstatic to be joining a Fear Free clinic! Dr. Hardee and her husband have two fur children: Stella – their 3-year-old cat, and Callie – their 6-month-old golden retriever. They love all outdoor adventures including hiking, paddle boarding, swimming, boating, camping, and many others!
Ada, Practice Manager
Ada has lived in the Summerville area most of her life. She has always loved animals and grew up with dogs and horses. She has two adult children, Katie (Dr. Hill) and Daniel. Ada lives out in the country with her dog, Max. After teaching high school math for the last twenty years, Ada has decided to put her accounting experience and love of animals to work and become the practice manager at Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic.
Amy, Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Hometown: Holly Hill, South Carolina
- Pets: Three cats named Rambo, Biscuit and Rose + a menagerie of farm animals
- Fun Fact: Amy used to team rope and owns a small Hobby Farm
Jess, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Petoskey, Michigan
- Pets: A dog named Lily and a cat named Rusty
- Fun Fact: Jess loves plants and Michigan Wolverines Football
Lindsey, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Pets: McCoy, a Bernese Mountain Dog
- Fun Fact: Lindsey enjoys reading, hanging out with her fiancé, Ethan and Disney!
Alyssa, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Norwich, CT
- Pets: A pitbull named Diesel
- Fun Fact: Enjoys dancing, gardening, and making jewelry in my spare time.
Shania, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Harpursville, NY
- Pets: A dog named Jazz, two cats - Venus and Betelguese, and a snake named Ygritte
- Fun Fact: She enjoys reading and playing video games with her boyfriend and friends
Michelle, Veterinary Technician Assistant
- Hometown: Alvin, South Carolina
- Pets: Autumn, a German Shepherd; 2 chickens and 1 duckFun
- Fact: Michelle lives on a cattle farm and enjoys decorating
Debbie, Client Service Representative
- Hometown: South River, New Jersey
- Pets: Lillie – Pit Bull, Labrador, beagle mix
- Fun Fact: Enjoys gardening, crafts and baking
Abby, Client Service Representative
- Hometown: North Charleston, SC
- Pets: Jolene, an American Staffordshire Terrier and Copper, a Blue Tick Hound
- Fun Fact: Alumna of the University of SC – Class of 2020 – Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in Education
Marli, Virtual Client Service Representative
- Hometown: New Paris, Indiana (currently residing in Maine)
- Pets: Nox, an American Bulldog; Lennon, a hound mix; and two cats - Sirius and EmmetFun
- Fact: Marli is a veteran
Contact Us For Availability!
Call Or Visit Us Today!
Monday to Thursday - 8am to 6pm
Closed for Lunch: 1pm to 2pm
Friday - 8 am to 6pm
Closed for Lunch: 12pm to 2pm