Meet The Team
Our Approach to Veterinary Care in Summerville, SC
The goal of our team is to honor and celebrate the bond animal lovers have with their pets. We appreciate the joy that is created when pets are happy, healthy, living their best life and sharing love with their people. Our energies are aimed at shielding our patients from illness with preventive care and quickly restoring them to well-being when they are sick or injured. The Cane Bay team is trained to practice very specific Fear Free techniques proven to reduce patient fear, anxiety and stress when visiting. Because mental happiness matters too.
But our attention goes beyond pets to our valued clients.
We Pledge to: Give you answers to your questions in understandable terms. Relentlessly update our knowledge and resources through ongoing education. Be transparent when discussing cost and outcomes. Most importantly, we promise to listen to your concerns and help guide you when making medical decisions. We are here to be your partner in the wellbeing of your animal family.
Dr. Katie Hill Rogers
Dr. Katie Hill Rogers is the owner and founder of Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic. Dr. Hill’s passion for veterinary medicine and love for animals began at a very young age. She grew up on a small family farm in Lebanon community, just a short drive from the clinic’s current location. She graduated from Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2012. Following graduation, she completed an internship at Auburn University and then returned home to begin her career as a small animal general practitioner. She has been practicing locally for several years and is excited about founding Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic! Dr. Hill’s interests include preventative medicine and dentistry. She is Fear Free Certified and strongly believes in providing a stress-free experience for both her patients and their owners. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Travis, her son, Finn and their two dogs: Tupper (German shorthair pointer) and Caesar (dachshund).
Dr. Sherri Turick
Dr. Turick comes to Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic with 20 years of experience. Growing up in North Plainfield, New Jersey, she was inspired to become a veterinarian by her mother, who took in a variety of animals as pets, such as dogs, cats, birds, and even a skunk! Some of her fondest memories are of Cinderfella, a black cat who was found with severe burns and was rehabilitated back to health. Dr. Turick graduated with honors from the University of Miami, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then graduated from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine with honors in May 2000. After graduation, she moved to and practiced in Athens, Georgia for her first 14 years in the field before moving to South Carolina. She has a keen interest in surgery, internal medicine, dermatology, behavior, and pain management. She loves that CBVC is a Fear Free practice. In her free time she enjoys going to the beach with her family and being a mom!
Dr. Lawson Hardee
Dr. Hardee is a Charleston native and is super excited to be moving back to the low country! She was born and raised in Mount Pleasant with a family background in medicine and is the first of her family to treat the four-legged species. She obtained her undergraduate degree from Clemson University followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2018. She and her husband moved to Charlotte, NC after graduation for a few years knowing they always wanted to move back home. Her passion for veterinary medicine has been ingrained in her since childhood and she is so happy to be able to help care for your fur babies as well! She is Fear Free Certified and ecstatic to be joining a Fear Free clinic! Dr. Hardee and her husband have two fur children: Stella – their 3-year-old cat, and Callie – their 6-month-old golden retriever. They love all outdoor adventures including hiking, paddle boarding, swimming, boating, camping, and many others!
Ada, Practice Manager
Ada has lived in the Summerville area most of her life. She has always loved animals and grew up with dogs and horses. She has two adult children, Katie (Dr. Hill) and Daniel. Ada lives out in the country with her dog, Max. After teaching high school math for the last twenty years, Ada has decided to put her accounting experience and love of animals to work and become the practice manager at Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic.
Amy, Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Hometown: Holly Hill, South Carolina
- Pets: Three cats named Rambo, Biscuit and Rose + a menagerie of farm animals
- Fun Fact: Amy used to team rope and owns a small Hobby Farm
Jess, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Petoskey, Michigan
- Pets: A dog named Lily and a cat named Rusty
- Fun Fact: Jess loves plants and Michigan Wolverines Football
Lindsey, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Pets: McCoy, a Bernese Mountain Dog
- Fun Fact: Lindsey enjoys reading, hanging out with her fiancé, Ethan and Disney!
Alyssa, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Norwich, CT
- Pets: A pitbull named Diesel
- Fun Fact: Enjoys dancing, gardening, and making jewelry in my spare time.
Shania, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: Harpursville, NY
- Pets: A dog named Jazz, two cats - Venus and Betelguese, and a snake named Ygritte
- Fun Fact: She enjoys reading and playing video games with her boyfriend and friends
Allie, Veterinary Assistant
- Hometown: West Jefferson, NC
- Pets: 2 dogs - one year old Labrador named Nova and 2-month old Golden Retriever named Ellie, She also has a FIV+, diabetic cat named Tony
- Fun Fact: She always knew she wanted to work in the vet field, she started out volunteering with animals when she was only 10 years old.
Michelle, Veterinary Technician Assistant
- Hometown: Alvin, South Carolina
- Pets: Autumn, a German Shepherd; 2 chickens and 1 duckFun
- Fact: Michelle lives on a cattle farm and enjoys decorating
Debbie, Client Service Representative
- Hometown: South River, New Jersey
- Pets: Lillie – Pit Bull, Labrador, beagle mix
- Fun Fact: Enjoys gardening, crafts and baking
Abby, Client Service Representative
- Hometown: North Charleston, SC
- Pets: Jolene, an American Staffordshire Terrier and Copper, a Blue Tick Hound
- Fun Fact: Alumna of the University of SC – Class of 2020 – Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a minor in Education
- Hometown: California Native
- Pets: Lulu - an extremely fluffy, long-haired kittyFun
- Fact: Jennifer is a professional writer and former small-town newspaper reporter
Marli, Virtual Client Service Representative
- Hometown: New Paris, Indiana (currently residing in Maine)
- Pets: Nox, an American Bulldog; Lennon, a hound mix; and two cats - Sirius and EmmetFun
- Fact: Marli is a veteran