Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic has started Biscuit’s Angel Fund as of February 2022. Its mission is to provide assistance in situations where financial burdens prevent pet owners from obtaining proper veterinary care. We started Biscuit’s Angel Fund when Biscuit, an 11 year old terrier, was brought into our clinic needing immediate medical attention for a large wound on the side of her body. Biscuit’s owner soon became overwhelmed with the cost of the long-term care required, and Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic stepped in to offer financial aid in her recovery. The entire clinic fell in love with Biscuit and her case inspired us to help others by starting an Angel Fund which offers financial assistance to pet owners and pets that are in need. We are proud to announce the development of Biscuit’s Angel Fund.
The qualifications for Biscuit’s Angel Fund are as follows:
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Must be an existing client of Cane Bay Vet Clinic
- Applicants are limited to one request per household per year
- Income verification must be provided by the household (income caps will be in place for single and combined households)
- Must be a dog or cat. Our clinic does not see large farm animals or exotics
- The pet must be spayed or neutered if over 1 year of age
- The pet must be fully vaccinated against both Distemper and Rabies
For dogs over 4 months of age: Canine Distemper (DAPP, DHPP, or DHLPP) and Rabies
For cats over 4 months of age: Feline Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies
- Must have had an overall wellness exam within the last 12 months
- Non-elective medical and surgical procedures for sick or injured companion animals. Examples include injuries, intestinal obstructions, and urinary blockages
- Some procedures which do not qualify: Routine examinations, vaccinations, general dental care, spay and neuter procedures
Cane Bay Veterinary Clinic allows the option for clients to make donations through the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) to Biscuit’s Angel Fund. Doctors donate 100% of their abilities and the Angel Fund covers the supplies and medications that aid in recovery. Donations can be made in memory of or in honor of beloved family, friends, pets, or professional organizations. The fund is used entirely for deserving recipients and the AVMF only reimburses clinics after the care has been received.